Computational fluid dynamics(CFD) is a very important tool to solve complex mathematical equations for engineering systems that includes fluid and fluid-solid interfaces. For much more complex systems, these partial differential equations get more complex. So, computational systems are generally required to solve these complex equations.
Table of Contents ;
There are various kinds of CFD software packages available in the market and customers are acquiring these packages according to their needs. One of them is the Autodesk® CFD tool. You can find detailed information about Autodesk® CFD FEA software here.
What is Autodesk® CFD Tool?
Like other FEA software, Autodesk® CFD is a CEA software to solve basic and complex CFD problems and visualize them for the user. Users can see the situation of a fluid system without creating a prototype of it. There are various capabilities of the Autodesk® CFD tool;
- If you are a designer of fluid control systems such as fittings valves etc. you can use Autodesk® CFD to see the pressure drops and flow distributions which are essential for this area.
- Heat transfer and temperature distribution of various engineering systems both for solid-solid and solid-liquid interfaces can be modeled with the Autodesk® CFD tool.
- Simulation interfaces between liquids and gases are also applicable in Autodesk® CFD tools to simulate waves, spillage, etc.
- Rotating turbomachinery can also be modeled in Autocad CFD to see the optimum input and output results.
- Radiation modeling of different electronic and electric parts can be done in Autodesk® CFD
- Condensation modeling can be done with Autodesk® CFD
Intelligent Meshing and Mesh Sizing
Mesh structures are one of the most important parts of CAE analyses. It must be created intelligently to obtain correct and accurate results. Autodesk® CFD provides an automatic mesh sizing tool to automatically optimize the mesh sizes according to the problem and geometry.
Have a Free Trial!
If you want to try the Autodesk® CFD capabilities for your specific applications, you can try it for free for 30 days! Check this link to download and install the free version of Autodesk® CFD!
Application Examples of Autodesk® CFD
- General introduction of Autodesk® CFD;
- Check the video that shows wind tunnel application for aerodynamic designs;
- A very interesting study shows modeling wind in a stadium;
As you understand, Autodesk® CFD is a very good alternative to simulate different kinds of CFD problems. It will be a very good alternative if you are using Autodesk® CAD products to integrate them into the Autodesk® CFD tool.
Do not forget to leave your comments and questions below about the Autodesk® CFD FEA software!
Your precious feedbacks are very important to us!
Leave a Reply