ANSYS has very developed engineering tools that you can make different advanced analyses inside it. In engineering practice, ANSYS tools have very big place. You can use ANSYS Workbench and its tools in nearly all the bracnhes of engineering. If you have a design, you can use ANSYS to simulate this engineering design at engineering level. Because of this situation, biggest engineering companies are using ANSYS tools. So in this list, you can find the biggest companies using ANSYS tools.
Why Companies Using ANSYS?
Because, ANSYS has the biggest market share around other FEA softwares and simulation softwares. And there are lots feedbacks to ANSYS developers to improve this engineering software. So, people improved ANSYS according to these feedbakcs which making it the most reliable engineering FEA software. Also, ANSYS provides various kinds of engineerin simulation tools from static structural to electromagnetic analyses. This is the other reason that companies using ANSYS Workbench and other ANSYS tools.
Which Tools of ANSYS That Companies are Using?
It changes according to the company’s working field. If a company develops internal combustion engines, this company probably will use, ICE module of ANSYS. Also, heat transfer analyses and thermodynamics analyses among the analyses that this company is using in ANSYS.
So, the companies in aerospace industry are probably using CFD tools of ANSYS. They are making aerodynamics analyses in ANSYS to obtain the most efficient aerodynamics structures. Also, structural analyses are very important in aerospace. They are trying to obtain the structures with highest strength and lowest weight. So, they need to make structural analyses to see th effects of their improvements on the weights.
Elctrotechnical companies are using electrical modules of ANSYS. There are different electrical modules that they can simulate their systems in computer environments. PCB designs and simulations are also possible with ANSYS tools.
Which Companies are Using ANSYS and ANSYS Tools?
After all, as we stated above, there are lots of companies using the ANSYS and ANSYS tools. So, among these companies, the biggest ones are working with ANSYS tools to develop their products. Take a look at the list below to see which companies are using ANSYS.
- Ford Motor Company: Ford Motor Company is one of the biggest automotive company that developes and produces cars, trucks in different markets. So, in the development of these automotive products, Ford Motor Company use the different tools of ANSYS in different analyses.
- KTM Technologies: KTM is one of the biggest produces of motorcycles around the world. There are lots of motorcycles and types are developed by KTM Technologies. The headquarter of KTM is in Austria. Also, KTM is using ANSYS ans ANSYS tools to develop their motocycles.
- RedBull Racing: Formula 1 is maybe the favorite sport betwen the engineers. And the RedBull team among the most succesful Formula 1 teams. Also in the developments of their F1 cars, RedBull Racing team is using ANSYS and ANSYS tools. Probably, they are using CFD tools of ANSYS which are Fluent or CFX.
- TATA: TATA is one of the biggest automotive companies which has the headquarter in India. Also TATA is using ANSYS and ANSYS tools in the development of automotive products. Trucks and pickups of TATA are ver common in the Asia market.
ANSYS provides very developed tools for the elctrotechnics which include both electrics and electronics. Check the companies are using ANSYS tools.
- ABB: ABB is one of the biggest companies that working in the otomation and energy sector. Also, the headquarter of ABB is in the Zurich, Switzerland. ABB is among the companies that developing electrical devices that using ANSYS tools. So, probably, they are using ANSYS in the development of electronic products.
- Electromotive: Electromotive company is around the biggest developer of electrical ignition systems and engine control systems in automotive industry. So, they are dealing with electrics and electronics at a very high level. Also, they are using ANSYS tools while they developing their electronic and electric systems. It shows the level of professionality of ANSYS electrotechnic tools.
- General Electric: General Electric is one of the biggest engineering company that produces electrical energy systems and electrical systems in different fields. But they are using ANSYS tools to develop their complex engineering systems. Probably they are not only using ANSYS electrical tools, they ae using all the structural and thermal tools of ANSYS to simulate their engineering systems.
- Rockwell Automation: Rockwell automation is centered in the US which develops and produces industrial automation systems. In the development of automation systems, they are using ANSYS tools. And in automation system, lots of electrics and electronics knowledge is used. So, they are using ANSYS electrics and electronics analyses in their development phases.
- Samsung Electronics: Samsung electronics is one of the biggest developer of electronics systems. So they are the biggest PCB developers and producers around the world. Samsung electronics is also among the companies using ANSYS in the development of their products. So probably, they are using ANSYS Electronics and PCB design tools to develop their systems.
- Xerox: Xerox is the US origin company that developes and produces printer and fax machines to the world. They are using electric and electronics techniques commonly. Xeros is also using ANSYS in the development of their electrical and electronic systems.
- Philips: Philips is one of the biggest electronics company that serves in around 60 countries. The headquarter of Philips is in the Netherlands. They are using ANSYS and ANSYS electric and electronics tools to develop their different electronic products.
Universties are the places of scientific researches and engineering departments of the universities are the core of the technology. Check the list that shows the universities that are using ANSYS in their scientific research studies.
- Carleton University: Carleton University is a state university in Ottova, Canada. They are using ANSYS and its analysis tools in the scientific researches that are doing. So it is a very big reference that ANSYS can be used in scientific topics and researches.
- Dayananda Sagar University: Dayananda Sagar College of Engineering is one of the biggest engineering schools in Banglore, India. They are also using ANSYS in their scientific studies.
- Universitat Leipzig: Universitat Leipzig is one of the best engineering schools in Germany. If we think about the level of Germany in engineering, the reference of the Universitat Leipzig is very important. In the scientific researches in Universitat Leipzig, they are using ANSYS and ANSYS analyses tools.
- Linköpings Universitat: This is an other important university in Sweden that they are using ANSYS in their scientific and engineering studies.
- Hochschule Luzern: Hochschule Luzern is an other Applied Sciences and Arts University in Switzerland. In the scientific researches in the Hochschule Luzern, they are using ANSYS as a main simulation tool.
San Francisco State University!
- San Francisco State University: San Francisco State University is one of the best universities in the world. There are lots of scientific and engineering publications are made from this university. So, they are using ANSYS analyses tools to obtain their scientific developments.
- Sheffield Hallam University: In the Sheffield Hallam University, they are using ANSYS in the researh and development activities in engineering fields.
- Syracuse University: Syracuse university is a private university in Syracuse, New York. In the scientific researches and research and development activities in Scyracuse university, they use ANSYS software.
Also, the biggesr aerospace companies are among the users of ANSYS. In their development of aerospace applications and products, they are using different tools of ANSYS.
- Boeing: Boeing is one of the biggest aeroplane developer and manufacturers in the world. In other words in the development activities of aeroplanes, they are using ANSYS Fluent CFD tools to obtain aerodynamically the best planes.
- Blue Origin: As you knwo that Blue Origin is built by Jeff Bezos who is the owner of Amazon.com. Also, Blue Origin is the competitor of SpaceX. And in the developments of spacecrafts in BlueOrigin, they are using ANSYS software.
- Aerojet: Aerojet is one of the biggest rocket developer and producer in the world. So, in the development activities of rockets, they are using ANSYS software. Probably thay are using fluid dynamics softwares of ANSYS.
- Embraer: Embraer is the company which produces aerospace products for agricultural and military fields. So, in the development of their agricultural and military aeroplanes, they are using ANSYS products and software packages.
Piaggio and Raytheon!
- Piaggio Aerospace: Piaggio Aerospace is an international aerospace company that founded in Italy. You may know Piaggio motorcycles. So they are making private jets for customers. In the development of their aerospace products, ANSYS systems are used.
- Raytheon Technologies: Raytheon technologies is one of the biggest aerospace defense industry in Massachusetss, The US. They are using ANSYS analysing tools to develop their technologies also.
Other Important Engineering Companies that Using ANSYS
Except for the aerospace, automotive industries, and electronics industries, other engineering industries are investing in the research and development activities for their products. So in this list, you can find other important companies using ANSYS Workbench and other ANSYS tools to develop their products and systems.
- ALSTOM: ALSTOM is one of the biggest global conglomerates that produce logistics systems such as high-speed trains and railways. In the design of the railway and other energy systems, ALSTOM uses ANSYS and ANSYS tools.
- Continental: Continental is Germany-based worldwide tire development and production company. Also, in the design of their high wear-resistant tires, they are using ANSYS tools.
- Delphi: Delphi is one of the biggest auto-part developers and producers. The headquarter of Delphi is in the UK. Delphi was a part of General Motors but they separated from them in 1999. Moreover, they are using ANSYS in their research and development activities in automotive parts.
- Grundfos: Grundfos is the biggest pump developer and producer in the world. The headquarter of Grundfos is in Denmark. Pump systems include lots of mechanical analyses such as fluid dynamics, blade wear, and fluid flow through vanes. So, they are using ANSYS fluid tools for the calculation of fluid systems. Also, they are using ANSYS structural systems in the design of the structural systems of pumps.
Liebherr, UL and Whirlpool!
- Liebherr: Liebherr is one of the biggest producers and developers of heavy work machines such as bulldozers and others. They need to make tons of structural calculations and analyses. So, they are extensively using ANSYS in the design and development of their heavy work equipment. The products of Liebherr are one of the most quality parts in the world.
- Piaggio: Piaggiois a company that produces motorcycles, cars, and planes. The products of Piaggio are renowned around the world. So, in the development of their first-class cars and motorcycles, they are using ANSYS Workbench tools.
- Underwriters Laboratories: Underwriters Laboratories or UL, centered in the US, is a fully independent certification and verification establishment. Also, in their verification processes of technological devices, they are using ANSYS tools.
- Whirlpool: Whirlpool is one of the biggest household appliances developers and manufacturers in the world. They are producing the highest quality appliances. Also, the center of Whirlpool is in Michigan, US. In the development of their high-quality household appliances, they are extensively using the ANSYS systems.
So, as you understand above, the use of ANSYS in global companies is very common. It is not surprising that ANSYS is the biggest and most used CAE software in the world. So, it will be very good to know about ANSYS for an engineer who is willing to work in the different sectors above.
The biggest companies are using ANSYS in different sectors. For example, these sectors, aerospace, automotive, electronics, and automation. And the biggest companies in these sectors are using ANSYS products in the development of their products. So, it is a very big demonstration of the capabilities of ANSYS in different engineering disciplines.
These are the general aspects of the companies using ANSYS tools.
Finally, do not forget to leave your comments and questions below about the companies using ANSYS tools and Workbench tools.
Your precious feedbacks are very important to us.
FAQs About ANSYS
ANSYS software is the most common software that companies use. So, ANSYS is one of the biggest FEA software that has different kinds of tools in it.
The other FEA software is the competitor of ANSYS. For example, NX NASTRAN, Abaqus, Autodesk Simulation, and Solidworks Simulation are the general competitors of ANSYS.
There are various reasons for this question. But according to us, ANSYS is the best because the tools of ANSYS in FEA and engineering are proven by professionals. As you see in the list above, there are lots of references to ANSYS.
Companies and developers are using ANSYS in the simulation of their designed products. They are willing to see how their systems will act in the external conditions in the real world. The simulations are based on finite element analysis.
For a beginner, it is somewhat hard to learn ANSYS. Even for the companies, ANSYS provides lots of tutorials and education to teach them how to use it. You need to have an engineering background to learn and apply ANSYS tools.
It depends. It depends on which package of ANSYS you want to buy. There are lots of packages of ANSYS software. You can check the packages of ANSYS software from their website.