Firstly, In Siemens NX® you need to create an axis sometimes. Here, we will show how to create axes. The creation of an individual axis is very easy by using the Datum Axis command in Siemens NX®. And if you follow the steps that we introduced here, you could create your axis in Siemens NX® in a very efficient way. You will see, that creating axes in Siemens NX is very simple.
How to Use Datum Axis Command in Siemens NX®?
Firstly, to create an axis in Siemens NX®, click on the Datum Axis command as shown by the green arrow above.
Axis Creating Methods
Secondly, as you can see there are various methods to create an axis in the Datum Axis command.
- Inferred: The most general command to create an axis in Siemens NX®.
- Intersection: You can create an axis by selecting two planes or surfaces that intersect each other in Siemens NX®.
- Curve/Face Axis: You could create an axis by selecting a curve or a face in Siemens NX®.
- On Curve Vector: You could create an axis by selecting a curve’s vector in Siemens NX®.
- XC-Axis: You can create an axis along the X-axis of the coordinate system.
- YC-Axis: You can create an axis along the Y-axis of the coordinate system.
- ZC-Axis: You can create an axis along the Z-axis of the coordinate system.
- Point and Direction: You can select a point as a starting point of your new axis and you could select an edge or line to define your axis’ direction in Siemens NX®.
- Two Points: You could select two points to create an axis that is oriented between these selected points in Siemens NX®.
Selecting a Geometry in Creating Axes in Siemens NX
For example, we selected an edge of a feature to create an axis in Siemens NX® as shown by the green arrow. Also, you could change the direction of your axis by clicking on the Reverse Direction as shown by the red arrow. After you finished your adjustments to create your axis in the Datum Axis command in Siemens NX®, click on OK or Apply to create your axis.
Finally, We create a new axis by using Datum Axis command in Siemens NX®.
So, we created axis by using the Datum Axis command in Siemens NX®.
Above all, Siemens NX® has very good capabilities to create different geometric entities. It gives very good capabilities to users. Check the articles below about creating geometric entities in Siemen NX.
- Creating Corners From Sketch Entities With ‘Make Corner’ Command In Siemens NX®
- Creating Fillets Effectively In Siemens NX® Sketching
- Creating Quick Block Geometries In Siemens NX®(Illustrated Expression)
- Creating Helical Patterns In Siemens NX®(Illustrated Expression)
So, it is very simple to create axes in Siemens NX as you see above.
Do not forget to leave your comments and questions below about creating axes in Siemens NX®.
Your precious feedbacks are very important to us.
NOTE: We use these screenshots and images for educational and informative purposes. Images used courtesy of Siemens NX®.