In Siemens NX®, you need to create another plane in the drawing scheme to obtain proper sketches or for another purpose. There are lots of tools in Siemens NX® to obtain a proper plane according to your needings. In this text, we will show you how to create planes in Siemens NX® by using these various tools. Creating planes in Siemens NX in a professional manner if you follow the steps below.
How to Use Datum Plane Command in Siemens NX?
Firstly, you can create planes with the Datum Plane command in Siemens NX. You need to open the Datum Plane command by clicking on it as shown by the green arrow.
Methods to Create Planes in Siemens NX
Secondly, this is the Datum Plane command interface in Siemens NX® and these are the plane creation tools in Siemens NX®. You could select according to your needing in-plane creation in Siemens NX®.
- Inferred: This is a very general plane creation method if you select this, you only need to select features in the drawing scheme, and then the method is automatically chosen for you in Siemens NX®.
- At Distance: You can create a plane by entering a distance from a feature that you selected in Siemens NX®.
- At Angle: You can create your plane, by entering an angle value from a selected feature by you in the drawing scheme of Siemens NX®.
- Bisector: You could create a plane by selecting two other planes or surfaces to create your plane between them that are equally placed in Siemens NX®.
- Curves And Points: You can create your plane by selecting curves or points that create a plane geometrically in Siemens NX®.
- Two Lines: You can create a plane by selecting two lines or edges in the drawing scheme in Siemens NX®.
- Tangent: You can create a tangent plane on bodies in Siemens NX®.
- Through Object: You can create planes through selected bodies by you in Siemens NX®.
- Point and Direction: You could create your plane by the selection of a point and a direct line or edge in Siemens NX®.
- On Curve: Selection of a curve or edge to create a plane in Siemens NX®.
- X-Y-Z Planes: You can select one of them to create your plane on these planes in Siemens NX®.
After Selection of a Plane Creating Method…
For example, we selected Inferred method to create a plane and selected the Z-Y plane as shown by the green arrow in the distance of 50 mm as shown by the red arrow.
Then click on the OK or Apply button as shown by the red box to finish your creation of a plane in Siemens NX®.
So, as you can see we create a plane by using Datum Plane in Siemens NX®.
Above all, you can do lots of things with planes in Siemens NX®. For example, you can create 3D objects by using created datum planes. Check the articles about the abilities of Siemens NX® datum planes.
- Splitting Bodies With Faces Or Planes In Siemens NX®(Illustrated Expression)
- Trimming Bodies With Surfaces Or Planes In Siemens NX®(Illustrated Expression)
In conclusion, creating a datum plane in Siemens NX® is very simple like above.
So, do not forget to leave your comments and questions below about creating planes in Siemens NX!
Your precious feedbacks are very important to us.
NOTE: All the screenshots and images are used for educational and informative purposes. Images used courtesy of Siemens NX®.