Engineering is a very important practice that is rooted in calculations. Real-world problems are designed and calculated by engineers. Different computer software and useful calculators can be very big companions for engineers. MechanicalLand.com creates and publishes engineering calculators mainly in mechanical engineering. You can find different kinds of engineering calculators related to different kinds of topics and disciplines.
Which Types of Engineering Calculators That We Have?
In general, mechanicalland.com provides engineering calculators for the mechanical design of fundamental mechanical elements.
Fundamental Calculators for Classical Mechanics
These calculators and calculations are generally used in each kind of discipline of mechanical engineering. These calculators can be a very big companion for a design engineer.
- The Center of gravity is a very important variable in most engineering calculations. Calculations get much easier with the calculation of the center of gravities and thinking of them as point-masses by considering their inertia. Mechanicalland.com provides a useful calculator to calculate the center of gravities of multiple masses at different points.
- As we stated above, in most engineering calculations, inertias of masses are also a very important parameter. You can use this calculator to calculate the moment of inertia of masses.
- Moment, velocity, and power calculations may seem to vary in basic calculations compared with other complex engineering topics. But in general, you need to calculate these basic things lots of times in complex projects. If you have a useful calculator to do it effectively, you will save lots of time.
- Mass, volume, and density can also seem very basic like moment, velocity, and power calculations. But, these are often used multiple times in complex calculations. You can use the mass, volume, and density calculator to overcome this situation.
Strength of Materials Calculators
In the strength of materials and basic mechanics, calculations of forces, and stresses on mechanical elements are very important.
- You can find shear stress, principal stress, tension stress, and torsional stress calculators on mechanicalland.com!
- Von-mises calculations are mainly used in the design of ductile mechanical materials.
- Safety stress calculations of different mechanical elements; Gerber, Soderberg, and Goodman methods…
- Fatigue calculations.
Specific Calculators Related to Design of Mechanical Elements
- Static column design calculators,
- The v-Belt design is mainly used in different power conveying applications such as the timing of internal combustion engines. You can use the calculators and design guide for V-belts.
- Spur gear design is one of the most fundamental things in mechanical engineering design. Spur gears are generally used in most machinery. You can use spur gear, and design calculators.
- Design of bevel gears which are generally used in the transmission of power between non-axial shafts.
- Worm gear design and calculations is a specific type of machinery used in power transmission.
- Helical types of gears are generally used in most machinery because of more smooth power transmission. You can find a special calculator to design helical gear systems for your application.
- Rack and pinion systems are widely used in power transmission in production lines and steering systems. You can use a rack and pinion design guide and calculator to design these systems!
- Leaf springs are mainly used as mechanical elements of shock absorber systems of heavy vehicles. You can find a complete design guide with calculators to design leaf spring systems on mechanicalland.com.
Manufacturing Process Calculations
Before manufacturing specific parts from specific materials, you need to calculate the required parameters to obtain desired shapes and desired products. According to the material and manufacturing processes, deep calculations can be required.
- Plastic injection processes are widely used to produce commercial products from polymer materials. You can use the calculator to design a plastic injection process for specific plastic products.
- Blow molding is also a very important production process. Use the blow molding process design calculator to design your process.
- Closed-die and open-die forging operations are used to produce heavy metal parts for different kinds of applications such as structural parts of buildings. Use the calculator to design closed-die and open-die forging processes.
Engineers use calculators. And mechanicalland.com produces and improves these calculators every day! All the calculators are updated and dependent on reliable sources. In later times, mechanicalland.com editors will continue to produce engineering calculators on different engineering topics!
Do not forget to leave your comments and questions below about the engineering calculators in Mechanicalland!
Your precious feedbacks are very important to us!