As you know, the technical drawing must comply with the standards to be understood by the various readers. One of these standards is the title block of the technical drawing sheet. From the title block, the reader can find the required information about the technical drawing.
If you are interested in the guidebook that is used for this article, click on the given link above or the ‘Shop Now’ button to check it from Amazon!
You can find information about the general title block standards and shapes here.
Title Blocks In Technical Drawings
The general title block layout is like that for most technical drawings. You can use this title block template for your technical drawing. The elements inside these title blocks;
- Name: In this section, you can give the company or business name where this technical drawing is generated.
- Drawing Title: Drawing title must be definitive with the shortest phrasing possible. It is not recommended to use ‘or’ or ‘for’ in the drawing title.
- Scale Block: The scale of the technical drawing must be written to this area. If there is no scale used, it needed to be written ‘NONE’ in this area.
- Drawing Number: In general, each company has its numbering system for technical drawings. In this section, you can find information about the drawing number of that technical drawing.
- Revision Block: This element of the title block contains information about revisions of this technical drawing. The original paper has no revisions, so this number is 0.
- Size: If a technical drawing is drawn in different sizes with respect to the original size, you can understand it from this area.
- Approval Block: The approval block contains all the required blocks for the authorities in the company that needs to approve or check the technical drawing. This block can change according to different companies or businesses.
- Weight: If it is required, the estimated weight of the part on the technical drawing is typed here.
- Number: If the total work contains several sheets, you can find information about the sheet number in this work.
This is the general information about the standard technical drawing title blocks.
Do not forget to leave your comments and questions below about the technical drawing title blocks.
Your precious feedbacks are very important to us.