Except from natural rubbers, rubber market is very important for today’s technology. Rubbers constitute a very important branch of polymer market also. Synthetic rubbers has biggest share in rubebr market also. Here we explain the top ten avaliable commercial synthetic rubber that are avaliable in polymer market today.
What Are The Top 10 Rubbers In Elastomer Market?
- Butadiene Rubber:This rubber type is used to produce race tyres which must have superior mechanical characteristics. Some addtives are also used to obtain these superior characteristics. Click on the given link to see all of these properties of butadiene rubber.
- Butyl Rubber: Butyl rubbers are generally used in production of inner tyres which must have very good mechanical properties at stretched position. Click on the given link to see other properties and applications of butyl rubber.
- Chloroprene Rubber: This is the most known synthetic rubber that produced to be alternative for synthetic rubbers. Click on the given link to see detailed information about chloroprene rubber.
- Ethylene-Propylene Rubber: Ethylene-propylene rubber is an actually terpolymer. The third constituent monomer in this terpolymer is diene, which has a very small propotion compared with ethylene and propylene. Click to see further information about ethylene-propylene rubber.
- Isoprene Rubber: This synthetic rubber is synthesized as the equivalent of natural rubber. It has same characteristics with natural rubber. Synthetic polyisoprene is also softer that natural rubber and much more easlity molded. Click on link to see other information about isoprene rubber.
- Nitrile Rubber: The nitrile rubber is a copolymer of two compunds. These compounds are butadiene and acrylonitrile. To see applications of nitrile rubber, click on the given link.
- Elastomer Polyurethanes: As you know that elastomer polyurethanes has lesser cross-linked structure compared with thermosetting polyurethanes. With this small number of cross-linking, they show elastomer behavior. Click on link for further information.
- Silicones: Silicones can be semi-organic and inorganic according to the presence of siloxane links which have chemical representation of –Si–O–. In general silicones, CH3 and SiO are combined to obtain various proportions. For further information about elastomer silicones, click on the given link.
- Styrene-Butadiene Rubber: Styrene-butadiene rubbers are the most impotant elastomer material in polymer chemistry. It has specific properties and because of these properties, these materials are used in various kinds of engineering applications. Click on given link to see further information about the most important elastomer material.
- Thermoplastic Elastomers: As you know from other articles that, thermoplastics and elastomers are different subgroups of polymer materials. But there is a polymer material that is called as thermoplastic elastomers which has very different chemical properties. To see these properties, click on the given link.
Do not forget to leave your comments and questions about elastomers below. Your precious feedbacks are very important for us.